To book the use of the Barristers' Lounge at the Courthouse, please call Jim Legh at (250) 381-4040.
For court box enquiries, Call Darren Williams at (250) 888-0002
The VBA Board meets on the third Tuesday of every month. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact any member of the Board.
For civil trial lawyers, there is available for their free courtroom use a civil trial lawyers’ audio/visual cart. The cart has 50” plasma t.v. with speakers, and equipment capable of:
- connecting a laptop to act as an external monitor (30 ft vga cable);
- displaying traditional DVD-Video / DVD±R / DVD±RW, and CD DA / CD-R / CD-RW;
- displaying files from SD data cards;
- displaying files from USB thumb drives;
- reading the following video and picture files: mpeg 2/4, wmv, jpeg, mkv, avi, avchd, mpo;
- playing the following audio files: mp3, wma, aac; and
- on-screen internet access via wi-fi.
Although the cart does not currently provide video conferencing service, the VBA is reviewing this possibility and an update will be provided at a later date.